The Institute for Rural Initiatives (iRi) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization that promotes the socio-economic development of rural communities in the Republic of Moldova in order to increase the level of civic involvement of the population in the villages of the Republic of Moldova and hold public institutions accountable to citizens.
Alarmed by the general level of underdevelopment and isolation of rural communities from the Republic of Moldova and the concerning gap in development dynamics between urban and rural areas, the mission of iRi is to facilitate initiatives that generate or facilitate development processes in disadvantaged/marginalized communities from the Republic of Moldova.
Main activity directions of iRi are activities and policies that:
- facilitate social and economic initiatives in rural areas of Moldova;
- promote a spirit of social cohesion and inclusion;
- improve the quality of education in rural areas;
- improve responsible governance in villages and small towns of Moldova;
- stimulate a spirit of participation and civic activism benefitting the community;
- promote the concept of academic and professional mobility in rural areas.
The Institute for Rural Initiatives is open for cooperation with any social actor or institution interested in growing social and economic initiatives in rural communities from the Republic of Moldova.